Popup "edit property" forms broken in Sitefinity b

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:41

Popup "edit property" forms broken in Sitefinity backend

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi All,

I'm not sure how long this has been happening as I've generally been using Sitefinity in Chrome to build a new website, however, we've just found that in Internet Explorer all the dialogs that popup when you click "Edit" and then "Advanced" on widgets (for example content blocks, breadcrumb, etc) is completely messed up. It would appear to be a styling issue on the forms, however, on some occasions we are unable to edit anything in the text boxes. I've attached a screenshot of how one of the forms looks (though all the "Advanced" forms look like this).

The problem is, we have different styling issues at the moment as well with sitefinity when in Edit Mode within Google Chrome, where massive spaces are appearing between elements that aren't there in Preview mode or after publishing. Therefore, whether we use Chrome or IE we seem to be having different issues. I think I can probably fix the styling issue for the content in Chrome, but haven't got time at the moment as I'm working on other things but another department are trying to build in content so its causing them delays.

Does anyone know what might cause the form to suddenly start appearing like this? I've checked everywhere that I've overridden styles in our stylesheet but nothing seems to be causing it.

Where would I find the stylesheet that these forms use so I can see if anything has been inadvertently changed in them?

Thanks in advance.

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Damian,

Could you please try to start developer tools in Internet Explorer (press F12) and in Console tab see if any of the script files or css files are not loaded correctly? Is there an error on loading on some of the files? If any errors are logged check what might cause them.

Regards,
Sitefinity KaloyanP
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed