Content does not refresh after delete

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:49

Content does not refresh after delete

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi
My users are reporting issues when they delete items (forms, images, news). The list does not update once an item is deleted. So it appears as the content item still exists. Attempting to delete it again results in a "item does not exist".

This also occurs when a new item is added. The item does not appear until you hit F5 minutes later.

This is happening in IE 11.

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Amanda,

After the second try to delete the item, it seems like the item is already removed, the issue could be related to caching.

Could you verify if using any other browser (e.g: Chrome, Firefox) your users experience the problem again? Moreove0,r try to replicate the issue after clearing the cache and temporary internet files on IE. Furthermore, I would suggest you to test the behavior locally.

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

It happens any time we use Internet Explorer (version 8, 11). Sitefinity version 6.3. it does appear to be a caching problem, but only occurs in Internet Explorer. Tested with Chrome and Firefox and there is no issue.

Hi Amanda,

Please take a look to the following link that offers a solution to workaround the issue:
After creating a new item it is not displayed in the items grid

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2014 00:00

Thanks Junior.
 This worked for our projects in production, but I'm still having the issue when I'm working on a project locally using Visual Studio 2010.

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi Amanda,

If you are developing your Sitefinity project in Visual Studio, you may define another browser (different to Internet Explorer) for debugging your project as shown in this video.

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

This thread is closed