Bug with Search Indexes

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:30

Bug with Search Indexes

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2014 00:00

I encountered a bug with the search index menu. I'm not quite sure where on this site to report it. 
when making a search index everything seemed to go fine. 
i went to a webpage to make a search bar and i went to select the index to choose and the one i just made wasn't there. 
I went back into Search indexes and the index was still visible. so i tried to re-index it and it threw this exception :www.dropbox.com/.../bug report.PNG
and it wouldn't let me change anything with the search index. 
I closed down the browser and re-opened it and my new search i just made index was renamed to a previous index i had deleted a while ago. 

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Jan-2014 00:00

and now i deleted that index, and recreated a new one called "Acad_Programs"  and now when i make a search bar in a web page , the search index shows up, but it will not accept it as a working search index.  

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

The image in your first question is not available anymore.
Are you using load balancing?
Can you describe what exactly happens after you select the search index and what you mean by "it will not accept it as a working search index" - maybe a screenshots will help.
Can you also check if the problem is existing on other browsers ?

Regards,
Bonny
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jan-2014 00:00

1)the problem was the same on firefox, and on IE9
2)i am not esure about the load balancing. 
3)when i selected a search index and reindexed it, it threw an error to me sayign that that row doesnt exist, then it changed its name to one that i deleted a while ago. 
4) when i went to a page and selected a search using this as a search index it cleared itself as in that search index was null.  although all other search indexes worked fine. 

I deleted it completely and did it again by a different name it seemed to work.   the problem seemed to fix itself after a few hours. 

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Daniel,

I am glad that the issue you were facing is now resolved.

We tried to replicate the issue on our side but we were not able to do so. Could you make a video recording the next time you experience the issue if there is a next time and send it back to us with exact copy of your project? Thus we would be able to investigate the issue and debug the project locally.

I am looking forward your reply.

Regards,
Andrey
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jan-2014 00:00

if i ever encounter that issue again i will be sure to do so. 

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2014 00:00

Hi,

Thank you for your cooperation.

Regards,
Andrey
Telerik

This thread is closed