Image gallery not loaded in news item detail page
I'm using the sitefinity 6.2.4910 version, and when I insert an image gallery widget in the page that is used to show the news details, the gallery does not load any images.
To produce this issue do the next steps:
- create a new page for the news details
- add a news widget to the page
- add a image gallery widget to the page and configure it to show all items of one of your galleries in simple list mode
- create a page for the news list
- add a news widget
- configure the news widget and set the single item settings to use your created details page
You will see that wen you click the news to view the details, the image gallery will not show any images, but if you navigate to the page without the news parameters those images appears correctly
The reason you are experiencing this behavior is because of the UrlEvaluationMode of the news widget placed on the details page. In order for you to be able to see both the image gallery and the news details view, you need to edit the widget by clicking Edit->Advanced and change the UrlEvaluationMode to QueryString. This needs to be done on the details widget i.e. on the pageAt this point you will not observe the behavior the gallery widget.
Ivan D. Dimitrov