Formatting for HTML in Content Block Editor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:46

Formatting for HTML in Content Block Editor

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jan-2014 00:00

I noticed that when I go into the HTML view for the Content Block editor, there are absolutely NO formatting options by default in the HTML source view.

Since much of the editing I have to do in the Content Block editor has to be in HTML, it is really disappointing that the HTML view offers absolutely no formatting options by default in HTML view.  The simplistic notepad view in HTML source code view, does not help at all in regards to structuring and formatting the HTML code needed in the content block.

I often have to revert to using a robust HTML editor and then pasting the code into the Content Block in order to ensure all of the HTML is formatted and structured as expected.

I have attached a screenshot of the Content Editor when I switch to HTML view.

If there is a way to switch it over to the full functionality of the RadEditor, I would like to know how to do that.  In addition, I would like to suggest that more formatting be available by default in the Content Block Editor or at the bare minimum provide a setting directly within the Content Block UI (or even an Administrative setting UI) to immediately begin using the more advanced editing settings for the Content Block editor.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello Samir,

In Sitefinity we are using RadEditor in the Content block. In the Html mode of the Editor you could see the generated Html code from the editor. It has a possibility for additional manual update of this code. 

You could send a Feature Request on the Feedback portal of AJAX controls where you could describe the formatting features you need to have this control.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed