Strage handling: Custom Module: Shops / Offers

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:05

Strage handling: Custom Module: Shops / Offers

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jan-2014 00:00

First ... Sorry about my english, I hope you understand me!

We are working on a Module to add Shops / Offers (Sales Promotions) to a website. The Module is constructed as follows:

• Add a Store with specific information like Name, Payoff, Business Hours and so on;
  • Add a Offer (Sales Promotions) underneath a Store (nested) with specific information like Title, kind of Offer and Price.
If we drag/drop the Module on a Page, we will get a nice overview of all added Stores. Clicking on a Store brings us to a Detail Page with more information of the specific Store. So far nothing crazy!

Next thing on the Detail Page is the overview (Master) of all Offers (Sales Promotions) of the specific Store. It is automatically displayed at the bottom of the Page! How can i affect this? I dont want it at the bottom of Page but somewhere in the middle or maybe the top!

P.S. if i click a specific Offer (Sales Promotion) it wil show a nice Detail Page of the specific Offer but on the same page als the Store. Is there a possibility to set a Page?

Questions, do not hesitate to ask.

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jan-2014 00:00

Hello,

Every content widget has property "ContentViewDisplayMode" taking values "Automatic", "Master", "Detail". If the property is set to "Automatic", it will display both list view and single item view. If set to Maser will display only list view and "Detail" will display single item view.

So as suggestion you could place a widget to display your list item view in "Master" mode and another (place it where you require) to display the single item view (in "Detail" mode).

If this is not your case, you could send screenshots or video in order to elaborate your requirement.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,

First of all, thanks for your reply. But this is not the case. I will try to explain it another way.

We have 4 hierachical pages ( I have attached an image with the structure of these pages).

• Store Master (Winkelen)
    Overview of all the stores.
  • Store Detail (Detail)
    Information on the specific store.
  • Offers Masters (Aanbiedingen)
    Overview of all the offers of all stores.
  • Offers Detail (Detail)
    Information on the specific offer including an form. 

The problem is that on the Store Detail page offers of this specific store show up. We haven't placed a widget or something else. But somehow the offers of this store just show up. When u click on one of the offers, the Offer Detail page gets rendered in the Store Detail page. It doesn't go to the specific Offer Detail page. 

So we have three questions:

1. Where do the Offers come from on the Store Details page? Because we didn't place a widget or something else? So where and how does Sitefinity render these offers?
  2. Why does it render the Offer Details page inside the Store Detail page? Why doesn't it go to the specific Offer Details page?
  3. How can we change, control en manage the offers that are being placed at the bottom of the Store Details page? Again, we didn't place a widget, so where can we control this?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Frank,

In order to further investigate your issue, I would recommend you to open a support ticket, where you can grant us backend credentials as this behavior is quite unusual and requires an in-depth look at your setting.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,

I already opened a support ticket. The number of the ticket is: 788747.

Within the support ticket i've added some more information about the problem.

This thread is closed