Can't set default page template

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:12

Can't set default page template

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Feb-2014 00:00

Can only admins set a default page template when creating a new page?  When I create a new page I can set a default page template but our  regular backend users cannot.  The checkbox to set a default template is not there.  Is there a separate permission for that?

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Charles,

By default only administrators can set a default template for future pages to use upon creation.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2014 00:00

"By default" as in there is a setting to change that?  I don't care if it's an ugly solution but it would be extremely helpful.

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Charles,

There is no such setting, or permission set to be applied. The administrator role is the only one that can set a default template for other users to use. What you can do as a workaround is to create a few administrator users and restrict them by user( not by role) to some permission set you want them to have. This will enable the users to set a default template and still restrict them to some other functionality you do not want them to have access to.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed