Rich HTML Form Labels

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:06

Rich HTML Form Labels

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Feb-2014 00:00

Our client has a website running Sitefinity 6.3.5000.0 SE. We're having a problem with form labels.

Our client regularly creates their own forms. A few of these have been a "choose your favourite book from the list" type of form. When they create these, they use the format <Book Title> by <Author Name> and they would like the book title to be italicized.

They've been able to do this successfully, by creating a form, adding a "Multiple Choice" widget and using labels in the format "<i>A Book</i> by Some Guy". When they throw the form on a page and publish it, it renders with the appropriate radio buttons and the book names are indeed italicized.

The problem appears when the form is submitted. If any choice is selected, a server error is thrown reading: "A potentially dangerous Request.Form value was detected from the client". This is because the value of the label of the choice they made is being submitted and it contains html, which is dangerous.

Is there any easy (or difficult) way to get around this?

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Raymond,

I have tried to reproduce this on 6.3 5000, but the form submits OK with no errors. I have recorded a short video, so please find it attached to this reply and let me know if I am missing something.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed