Sitefinity time issue

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:33

Sitefinity time issue

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Feb-2014 00:00

I have faced time issue during development with sitefinity. My TimeZone is set to utc-6 Central America. I have created a custom module  with date field. When I select time for example 12: 00 (pm). In the database it is written as 18:00(pm). That's the normal behavior I guess. So for displaying the correct time  I have found solution in forums that should work, but it doesn't 
<%# Telerik.Sitefinity.SystemExtensions.ToSitefinityUITime(((DateTime)Eval("Date"))).ToString() %>
It displays the same time as in the database (18:00 pm). 
Any suggestions how to solve this problem ?

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Arm,

Can you please go to Administration->Settings->Advanced->System->UI Time Zone Config and unckeck the UserBrowserSettingsForCalculatingDates. This will add the increment of the Time Zone setting you have applied to the usual UTC time that gets stored in the database. Please go through this procedure and write back if the behavior persists. There is a possibility for that if your date field has some custom logic implemented, in which case posting the code can be beneficial towards finding a solution.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Feb-2014 00:00

Actually I am still having problem with it. See screenshots attached. I have selected 12:00pm for example, in the database it is written 8:00. 
And here is the code I am using for displaying time . 

ltrSessionTime.Text = SystemExtensions.ToSitefinityUITime(Item.GetValue("Date")).ToString("t");

I am adding value to the literal during OnItemDataBound function. 

So I need to display  12: 00 as I have selected in the beckend, not the one I have in the database with 4 hours less. 
Any suggestions ? 

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Arm,

In order for you to get the UI time value, you need to set your date to local. Please refer to the following code:

EventsManager eventManager = EventsManager.GetManager();

var theEvent = eventManager.GetEvents().Where(q => q.Title == "asd").FirstOrDefault().EventStart.ToLocal(); // this returns the UI value

var theEvent1 = eventManager.GetEvents().Where(q => q.Title == "asd").FirstOrDefault().EventStart; // this returns the Database value

For more information on querying events, please consult our Documentation.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Mar-2014 00:00

Thanks, but I am using custom module, created with module builder.  So i don't need any event manager here. 
The problem is with displaying time.  It always writes 4 hours less in the database, I just need to show database time + 4 hours. 
I have searched and found ToSitefinityUITime () function, that doesn't work for me. 
You know what I mean ?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Arm,

The methodology for Sitefinity's dynamic modules is a bit different. Since the GetValue extension method is designed to fetch the database values, you need to alter this value yourself in order for it to get associated as a time value. This is done by casting the value you get to date time, more specifically, to a nullable datetime value, as the database entry is nullable. Please review the code snippet below for further reference:

DynamicModuleManager dynamicModuleManager = DynamicModuleManager.GetManager();
Type MyType = TypeResolutionService.ResolveType("Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.MyModule.ModuleItem");

var myCollection = dynamicModuleManager.GetDataItems(MyType).FirstOrDefault();

var correcttime = myCollection.GetValue("DateField") as Nullable<DateTime>;
            if (correcttime != null)

//This returns the UI time. You can set it to string if needed
                var asd = correcttime.Value.ToLocal();

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Sep-2014 00:00

.ToSitefinityUITime() is the new one , toLocal is obsolete

This thread is closed