Formatting News Results & Search Results

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 06:09

Formatting News Results & Search Results

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Feb-2014 00:00

I'm either missing something ridiculously easy, or there are (more) bugs in Sitefinity.

I have a template. Ok.
I create a new page, and drop the search results widget onto the page in my content area. Ok.
I configure the Search Results to use my index. Ok.
Publish!

When I hit the search, and I'm redirected to the search results page, I see my search results. Great!
Now go to page 2. The template is lost - What?!

I see that in the url the "search-results/page/2?indexCatalogue..." is added, so that's fine, but how do I tell Sitefinity to inherit the template to the system-generated page that it came from?

The same is true for a news item. How do I configure Sitefinity to use a template for a system item? I've scoured documentation for about 5 hours now. I'm tired, and I need help.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2014 00:00

Bump. Anybody? I need help here, please.

Hi Brenton,

I have tested the issue but I could not reproduce the problem you faced. The template is applied to all the pages of the search result. What I have tested:
- Create an search index (Administration > Search Indexes) and re-index.
- Create search result page and select the results template (test with custom and build-in templates).
- Create Search page, drop the Search widget and set the index to use, than set the Search result page.
- All the Result pages have one and the same layout and search templates.

What is the problematic template you have - Layout or Search template? Are they custom ones?

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Take a look here! Repro all day long. The template is a custom template, that uses MVC widgets in the header & footer.

Use the search at the bottom of the page, and notice how it manually sends the user over to the search results page. Page one looks fine, page 2 + does not!

Above and beyond this issue, how do I specify a template for news items? Something is missing.

http://stage.manchester.edu

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Brenton,

In order to use MVC widget in automatic generated page, you need to override the "HandleUnknownAction" method in your controller. More information could be found here, for example:

protected override void HandleUnknownAction(string actionName)
    var model = new MvcWidgetModel();
    model.Message = "MVC - <strong>unknown</strong> action!";

View("Default", model).ExecuteResult(this.ControllerContext);

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik
Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed