Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXX.XXX Parameter name

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 05:36

Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXX.XXX Parameter name: component Actual value was Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXX.XXX

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am getting this error when importing localized content in the dynamic module

Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXX.XXXX Parameter name: component Actual value was Telerik.Sitefinity.DynamicTypes.Model.XXX.XXXX

Daniel posted a fix for this for v6.2 but its not fixed in v6.3

http://www.konstrui.nl/over-ons/blog/daniel-plomp/2013/12/10/create-multilingual-dynamic-content-items-(including-bugfixes)

Please help

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Feb-2014 00:00

Hi Zubair,

That is strange. I did not had the issues anymore within 6.3?
Maybe support knows what is wrong. You sure that the Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.dll you are referencing is the right version?

The link to my blogpost was not correct, so if anyone needs this solution, please use this url: http://knstr.it/GHFtme

Kind regards,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2014 00:00

Hello Zubair,

Can you please verify the Sitefinity version you are using is indeed 6.3 ? The bug has been officially fixed for 6.3, so i case you are indeed reproducing it on that version would it be possible to outline the exact steps you're taking so we can verify it locally and ensure everything is OK or take the appropriate actions?

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Feb-2014 00:00

Indeed the version I quoted was wrong, I upgraded my solution from 6.1 to 6.3 and the problem is fixed.

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Nov-2014 00:00

Hi Boyan & Sitefinity,

Behaviour continues up to 7.2.5310 when using SitefinityQuery.Get to retrieve Dynamic Content items.  Only on 1st access.  2nd access produces no error.

Can this please be logged as bug?

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

That's an interesting finding! Can you please share with us the implementation you're using so we can check this out? Keep in mind SitefintiyQuery is a rather low level mechanism of doing things, moreover it bypasses some security checks, and in general the behavior might vary compared to using the managers. Still, we'd like to check this out and see if there's anything we can find and fix, for sure, I just wanted to recommend sticking to the official managers API, unless the use case cannot be achieved with them.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Sure mate, have a read of this post, it describes why I use this function:

http://sitefinitydownunder.com/blogs/stephen-pittman/2014/03/02/multisite-coding-changes-and-query-performance

This thread is closed