Trying to create a search index causing an error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:25

Trying to create a search index causing an error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Mar-2014 00:00

When clicking on the "create a search index" button i get an error:

Server Error in '/' Application.

No pipe registered with name 'ContentInboundPipe'!

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: No pipe registered with name 'ContentInboundPipe'!

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Any idea, what this is, and how i can fix it?

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Andrew,

This error appears on Search index creation in case the 'Feeds & Notifications' module is deactivated. This is a bug and I have logged it in our Feedback portal.

So you need to Activate/Install the 'Feeds & Notifications' module under:
Administration > Modules & Services > (Feeds & Notification) Actions > Activate > Activate/Install

I hope this information helps.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Mar-2014 00:00

Thank you.

That fixed it.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Feb-2017 00:00

Sadly this issue is still not resolved

This thread is closed