Deleted Default Notification Profile - Null Reference Except

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:02

Deleted Default Notification Profile - Null Reference Exception

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi,

I accidentally deleted the default profile for the email notifications module via Sitefinity Administration Settings.

I am now unable to load my application. I keep getting the following error when Sitefinity loads up.

Can you offer any advice on how I may repair this?

The error is as follows:

Server Error in '/' Application.Object reference not set to an instance of an object.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadCollectionElement(ConfigElementCollection collection, XmlReader reader, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, UpgradingInfo upgradingInfo) +1400
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadElement(ConfigElement element, XmlReader reader, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, UpgradingInfo upgradingInfo, Boolean isNew, Boolean validateTagName) +416
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadPropertyElement(ConfigElement element, XmlReader reader, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, UpgradingInfo upgradingInfo) +500
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadElement(ConfigElement element, XmlReader reader, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, UpgradingInfo upgradingInfo, Boolean isNew, Boolean validateTagName) +453
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadSectionFromReader(ConfigSection section, XmlReader reader, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, Boolean checkForUpgrade, UpgradingInfo& upgradingInfo) +468
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadSectionFromFile(ConfigSection section, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, Boolean withUpgrade) +130
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Data.XmlConfigProvider.LoadSection(ConfigSection section, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName) +152
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigSection.Initialize(ConfigProvider provider, ConfigPolicyHandler policyHandler, String policyName, Boolean singlePolicy) +361
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.ConfigSection.Initialize(ConfigProvider provider) +45
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionInternal(Type sectionType, Boolean safeMode) +229
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionPrivate(Type sectionType, Boolean safeMode) +175
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.GetSectionPrivate(Boolean safeMode) +104
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.Get(Boolean safeMode) +85
Telerik.Sitefinity.Configuration.Config.Get() +80
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Notifications.NotificationsManager.get_ProvidersSettings() +40
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetProvidersSettings() +41
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.Initialize() +775
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName, String transactionName) +62
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1..ctor(String providerName) +38
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Notifications.NotificationsManager..ctor(String providerName) +36
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Notifications.NotificationsManager..ctor() +31

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +113
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache, StackCrawlMark& stackMark) +232
System.Activator.CreateInstance() +169
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager(String providerName, String transactionName) +139
Telerik.Sitefinity.Data.ManagerBase`1.GetManager() +77
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Notifications.NotificationsManager.GetManager() +32
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Notifications.NotificationService.GetMessageTemplates(ServiceContext context, QueryParameters queryParams) +1397
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Comments.Impl.CommentService.InstallNotificationMessageTemplates() +91
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.Comments.Impl.CommentService.Initialize(ModuleSettings settings) +123
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.InitializeService(ModuleSettings settings, Boolean start) +275
Telerik.Sitefinity.Services.SystemManager.Initialize() +1704
Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.RegisterRoutes() +1026
Telerik.Sitefinity.Abstractions.Bootstrapper.Bootstrap() +370
Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.SitefinityHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +130
System.Web.Routing.UrlRoutingModule.System.Web.IHttpModule.Init(HttpApplication application) +10
System.Web.HttpApplication.RegisterEventSubscriptionsWithIIS(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context, MethodInfo[] handlers) +418
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitSpecial(HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers, IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +172
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplicationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +336
System.Web.Hosting.PipelineRuntime.InitializeApplication(IntPtr appContext) +296

[HttpException (0x80004005): Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.Web.HttpRuntime.FirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +9885044
System.Web.HttpRuntime.EnsureFirstRequestInit(HttpContext context) +101
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestNotificationPrivate(IIS7WorkerRequest wr, HttpContext context) +254

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.34009

I'm using Sitefinity 6.3.5.

Many thanks,

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Rob,

Thank you for using Sitefinity.

Please open the notifications config file under:
~\<your project>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\NotificationsConfig.config

and remove the line starts with <remove ...

- or -

backup your current notification config file and create a new one with the following content:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<notificationsConfig xmlns:config="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration" xmlns:type="urn:telerik:sitefinity:configuration:type" config:version="6.3.5000.0">

</notificationsConfig>
and configure the notification settings once again.

I hope this information helps. Please let me know if I can assist you any further with this service request.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Mar-2014 00:00

Thank you very much Svetoslav.

You solution worked perfectly.

Really appreciate it.

Rob

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2014 00:00

I had my workflow email notifications working just fine. Now they do not after some modifications. I have my Systems > SMTP settings and Notifications > Profile set up.

I noticed after this post that a NotificationsConfig.config file does not exist in my project. Is this normal? Where can I get a default one if mine disappeared?

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Tom,

Please try the solution proposed in the second part of my previous post: - Create a new NotificationsConfig.config under  ~\<your project>\App_Data\Sitefinity\Configuration\ and use the default content provided.

Than configure the notification settings once again.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed