Missing Dashboard Widgets

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 20:05

Missing Dashboard Widgets

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Mar-2014 00:00

It seems that some of our widgets on the Dashboard Backend Page have come up missing. We are getting this error when logging in to the dashboard: 

Cannot find template "~/SFDashboard/Telerik.Sitefinity.Dashboard.Web.UI.DashboardWelcomeWidget.ascx"

My fear is that someone unknowingly deleted this widget among others. How can we restore these widgets or restore our dashboard page and reconcile this issue we are having?

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Zachary,

What I would suggest is to try to reinstall the Dashboard module. To do this, please open the SystemConfig.config file located under ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder and remove the version attribute of the Dashboard module as shown below:

<add name="Dashboard" />

Then please restart the application by resaving the web.config file and run the project in browser.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Mar-2014 00:00

Thank you. That took care of the first error. Now there is  this:

Cannot find template "~/AnalyticsModule/Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Web.UI.AnalyticsTimeline.AnalyticsTimelineDashboard.ascx".

Should I do the same thing and reinstall the Analytics Module?

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2014 00:00

Hello Zachary,

Can you please try to reinstall the Analytics module following the steps in this KB article.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi 

I also facing

Cannot find template "~/AnalyticsModule/Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure.Web.UI.AnalyticsTimeline.AnalyticsTimelineDashboard.ascx"

it turn out that VirtualPathSettingsConfig.config missing 

<add resourceLocation="Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure" resolverName="EmbeddedResourceResolver" virtualPath="~/AnalyticsModule/*" />

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Herbert,

Thank you for sharing the information with the community.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Posted by Community Admin on 29-May-2015 00:00

I was also coming across the issue described with the Analytics module.  The fix described by Herbert worked for me as well.  Thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Sep-2015 00:00

My dashboard widget did not install on my upgrade.  I did not get an error, just noticed that it did not install.  I tried to reinstall int and the page spins for a bit, then takes me back to the Modules and Services page with nothing happening.  I have not seen any errors in log files either.  Any ideas?

This thread is closed