All mobile stylesheets being applied for all templates?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:58

All mobile stylesheets being applied for all templates?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Mar-2014 00:00

I have two responsive/mobile design templates, each using a different mobile stylesheet. I also have two base templates (pointing to separate .master files). I'm trying to have one template use one mobile rule, and the other template use the other mobile rule, so that each template has its own .CSS stylesheet.

The problem is, when I load either template, both stylesheets from both the responseive rules are being loaded. This can happen even if I instruct each template to not use any responsive rules at all, let alone telling each one to use just one template. 

Basically, as a test, I have:

• Both rules have their own stylesheet. 
  • Both templates have "No groups of rules are applied" for Responsive Layout.  
  • The pages using the templates also have "No groups of rules are applied"
  • Even the rules under Design -> Responsive & Mobile Design both have "Not used" under "Applied to"

I would expect it to not show any of the mobile stylesheets, but both templates are showing both. So, it's ignoring part of the rules and showing the CSS references regardless. Obviously this is not the desired outcome. One interesting thing to note is, while it's still applying the style

To summarize: both rules, even when disabled, still render the STYLESHEET reference for both. 

Is this a bug? My workaround would be to just bypass the settings and hard-code the stylesheet rules directly on my master pages. 

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2014 00:00

Hi Ryan,

This is a know issue and is logged as a bug in our Feedback portal. You could subscribe for receiving emails on status change.

Thank you for the provided workaround.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed