Backend UI not updating items with correct information

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:01

Backend UI not updating items with correct information

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Mar-2014 00:00

We are running Sitefinity 5 4040

We are having major issues with the backend screens not updating with the proper information.  Typically it will take us logging off, closing browser and logging back in to see changes  Here are a few examples:

Update a user with roles (add or remove).  Save Changes successfully.  Go back to view changes and do not see them.  Logging off and back in is only way to see changes.
Create new roles don't always show up until you log off and back in.
Create Content Item (News, Image, etc.).  Save as draft and then go add Note in revision history.  Creates entry on 0.1 draft. Go back into item and save draft again (Should create 0.2).  Create another note -- this overwrites the 0.1 Note.  However, if user would log off and log back in after each draft it works OK.
I created News item and sent it for approval via one step workflow.  Went in and published item.  I do not see the item in "All Items".  When I click on "My Items", I see the News item, but the UI still shows it is in Awaiting Approval state.  However, if I click on the item to edit it will appear it has already been published.  We have major issues across the board (Content Items, Pages, etc.) with the UI not updating the status of the item within the list view based on its current status it is in, but if we were to log off and back in after each step of performing an action we do see it in the correct state.

These examples are only a few of the issues we are experiencing and the main problem is the backend not updating with current status or items not appearing in a particular view.  We have discovered that logging off and back in solves the issue, but that is not ideal to have Editors, Approvers, Publishers, Admins to log off and back in after every action they perform in order to see their changes.  Is there any explanation to this behavior?

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Apr-2014 00:00

After testing different browsers and back and forth communication via a Support Ticket, I have discovered this is only an issue with IE.  Chrome and Firefox does not have the issues I have described.  It appears that the DOM for IE is not getting updated, hence not updating the UI with the latest and greatest information that it should and does when using Chrome and Firefox.  We created a blank site from the Project Manager and get the same issues in IE.  This confirmed that it is not an issue with a configuration we have/do not have within our site nor an issue with being Load Balanced.

Has anyone came across this same experience or issues I have described?

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2014 00:00

It appears following the steps in the KB article below that my issues around IE have been resolved.

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/after-creating-a-new-item-it-is-not-displayed-in-the-items-grid

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Jared,

Thank you for sharing your findings with the community.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed