The controller with the name 'Controller' cannot be

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:47

The controller with the name 'Controller' cannot be resolved.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi everyone,

So I have a Sitefinity MVC widget that works on my local machine, but when I build it on our dev server, this error is shown:

Server Error in '/' Application.The controller with the name 'WidgetController' cannot be resolved.Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: The controller with the name 'WidgetController' cannot be resolved.

Source Error: 

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.
Stack Trace: 

[ArgumentException: The controller with the name 'WidgetController' cannot be resolved.]
Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.SitefinityControllerFactory.CreateController(RequestContext requestContext, String controllerName) +455
Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Proxy.MvcProxyBase.get_Controller() +162
Telerik.Sitefinity.Mvc.Proxy.MvcControllerProxy.ExecuteController() +182
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +113
System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal() +222
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +4297

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18408

What steps could I take to resolve this? I have checked if the module is registered in ToolboxConfig.config and that our source control has the model, view, and controller of the widget, so it should also be in the dev server.

Best,

John

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi John,

Could you please ensure that you have recompiled your project and that everything is registered correctly?
The most likely reason is that you have not recompiled your project or an environment specific issue, since the widget is working on your local machine.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed