Unable to save any system configuration settings

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 01:16

Unable to save any system configuration settings

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2014 00:00

I've run into a problem where I can't make any changes in Advanced settings.  At present, I'm trying to configure the SMTP server setttings, but I'm finding that even though I can change the settings and I get a message saying "Settings Successfully Saved", the moment I navigate back to the settings I just changed, I find it really didn't change.

I'm currently using SiteFinity 4.2.  The live production website is having the problem, but the local development copy is not.

Posted by Community Admin on 08-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello,

Make sure you have granted your app pool identity the necessary read / write permission on App_Data folder. If this is not set properly, Sitefinity will not be able to make any modification to your config files (which could explain why you cannot modify the settings)

Here is our official documentation:
http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/create-a-project/creating-and-running-projects-on-iis/running-a-project-on-iis-7-0-or-iis-7-5

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed