When I try to edit a specific page I am given an error page

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:08

When I try to edit a specific page I am given an error page

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Apr-2014 00:00

I am trying to edit an existing page's content inside the CMS, and for some reason I can not access this particular one. The page is live, I can preview from the interface, change it page properties, and almost  everything else. However, I can not edit the content on this page.

I am being forwarded to out error page with this path in the URL when I click on the page to edit it's content:
/error-page?aspxerrorpath=/my-account/support/crime-report/Action/Edit

Also I am the author and should have access to it. Any ideas why this is happening?

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi,

Since you are using custom errors its hard to tell what the problem might be. If possible try turning them off or try running your browser's dev tools (hit F12) and monitor the network tab. Also clear out the contents of App_Data->Sitefinity->Logs folder and reproduce the problem which should create a new error.log file from which you can paste the error you are getting.

Additionally please share some more information for your project. Are you using multilingual? Do you have any custom logic on the page? Are you able to access the page in Edit if you move it to the root of the page hierarchy?

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed