7.0 blog details error when allowing comments

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:06

7.0 blog details error when allowing comments

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

I upgraded a site from 6.3 to 7.0.

Now when I allow comments on blog post I get the attached error.

After upgrading I only uploaded the dlls in bin. Anything else that might had to be uploaded?

Markus

Hi Markus,

Did you make adjustments to the Comments control or still using the old BlogPost Comments?

Daniel

I did nothting special as far as I know. Simply upgraded from 6.3 to 7.0.

Maybe I need to check my templates if I have removed the comments block for example or so?

-> Old BlogPost Comments?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

Seems you have modified "Comments submit form" (Design -> Widget Templates -> Comments submit form). This template has a breaking change in 7.0. I have attached the original template and the changes compared to the 6.3 version.
You can also "Restore template to default", in case you want to ingnore your changes, or just to see the original template.

We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Vlad
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
[View:/cfs-file/__key/communityserver-discussions-components-files/297/8015.c7230ec8_2D00_a99d_2D00_42f8_2D00_ba2d_2D00_b8e797893b71_5F00_CommentsSubmitForm.zip:320:240]

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

Dear Vlad

Resetting the comments submit form widget worked. I don't remember having it changed which leads me to another question

When and how do widgets get updated when you update from 6.3 to 7.0 for example?

Markus

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Apr-2014 00:00

Hi Markus,

Currently, the widget templates are not updated on upgrade, as we don't have a mechanism for merging templates.
Ones you update a widget template, it is persisted in the database and used instead of the default one. Any change in the default template, coming with the newer version, does not affect the persisted customized template, which in some cases is expected behavior. We know that, in other cases, this could cause some issues with missing functionality on customized templates (excluding the case with the error reported in this thread - it is a bug), and we will try to address this in the future.
Maybe you have changed this template in the past, otherwise it should not be persisted.

Regards,
Vlad
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Vlad

I am very much OK with Sitefnity not updating my widget templates (for once its not a bug to me - seldom enough)

-->  I was asking how and when the default widget templates get updated.

Markus

Where are such breaking changes documented? 

I think it should be documented somewhere not? Did not find it in any of these documents or did not look in db or api changes since I did not use either on in this case.

www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity-7.0
www.sitefinity.com/.../database-changes-between-6.3-and-7.0

www.sitefinity.com/.../api-changes-in-sitefinity-7.0

Hello Markus,

The default templates are stored as embedded resources in the Sitefinity assemblies. They are updated when you replace the Sitefinity DLLs in your bin folder.
Unfortunately, such documentation is missing for now. We will address this issue for the next releases.

Regards,
Vlad
Telerik

This thread is closed