Authentication Provider drop down disappeared after upgrade

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 14:20

Authentication Provider drop down disappeared after upgrade

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Apr-2014 00:00

We are upgrading a client from Sitefinity 5.0 to 6.3. We have completed the upgrade on the test server and during testing a user pointed out that the drop down that used to appear on the login screen for the backend that allowed them to specify their authentication provider is not on the login form anymore.

What do I need to do to get it back?

I have verified that the 3 providers in use are still listed under Membership Providers.

Posted by Community Admin on 14-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Noah,

This is indeed not default behavior. The membership providers are configuration settings that do not get affected during an upgrade procedure. What you can try is to restart the application and see if the dropdown will be present on the login page. Alternatively you can also recreate your providers. Provided this is not an option for you, I can suggest you open a support ticket where the issue can be investigated in further detail.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

Thanks for the response. I went to delete the membershipprovider and re-add it and I realized that for some reason the "providertype" field was empty. Some how it must have been cleared during the upgrade. I copied the value from our production instance to the one we are testing the upgrade and it worked.

This thread is closed