Imported product files upload, but don't associate to th

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 18:36

Imported product files upload, but don't associate to the product?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

I followed the steps here and am able to import products successfully into my website: www.sitefinity.com/.../sitefinity_ecommerce_ndash_importing_products_into_sitefinity_ecommerce. All native fields, custom fields, and tags lists import correctly. 

However, the problem is documents/files. I specify a public path to a document (local path, as the site is localhost) and while I see the document is uploaded correctly into the library, it doesn't actually get associated with the product it's for. 

Sure, I can go to that new product and browse for the document (already in the library) and publish it, but to do this for hundreds of products is out of the question. 

I do not get any errors, not does the statistics object returned from the import indicate any errors. 

Only thing I did notice though, is the version of the Telerik.Sitefinity.Samples.Ecommerce.ProductUpload.dll I got from NuGet is referencing an older version of Sitefinity assemblies: 6.0.4100.0. My version is 6.1.4600. Did something change in how these versions publish documents/files? My version of the NuGet package is 2.0. 

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Apr-2014 00:00

One thing I noticed while attempting to look through the code, is that the part where it uploads the file and then builds an association to the product is wrapped in a try/catch where the exception is swallowed. 

EDIT: I confirmed that images seem to work just fine. The issue appears to be related only to documents/files. 

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Ryan,

The current implementation of the Product Import is available in our Sitefinity Ecommerce Github profile. You can download it from there and modify everything you need, since it is an open source project. More information about the product import sample you can find in our documentation.
I hope you find this helpful.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 21-Apr-2014 00:00

The newer version on Github seems to have fixed the issue. Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Apr-2014 00:00

Hello Ryan,

I am glad you have solved the issue. Refer to our GitHub SDK portal for samples and resources, since it is where they are most up-to-date.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed