6.3 -> 7.0 The configuration 'DynamicModulesConfig

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:45

6.3 -> 7.0 The configuration 'DynamicModulesConfig' is not registered

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

I just upgraded on of my Sitefinity sites from 6.3 to 7.0. The upgrade process seemed to go well, but I'm noticing a problem. None of my custom modules show up in the backend. When I go to Administration -> Modules and Services, Module builder's status is "Failed". The details tooltip says:

Unable to load config section "dynamicModulesConfig"

I don't really know what's going on here. It suggest to me that my configuration file isn't properly registered or something like that. When I look at /App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/DynamicModules.config" it still says config:version="6.3.5000.0".

Anyone have an idea what's going on here?

Posted by Community Admin on 22-Apr-2014 00:00

I've attached what I believe is the associated error message and my DynamicModulesConfig.config file.

http://raymond.beta-site.ca/DynamicModulesConfig.txt
http://raymond.beta-site.ca/error.txt

Posted by Community Admin on 13-May-2014 00:00

Hello,

After you have upgraded your project using the project manager you need to open it in Visual Studio and apply the configurations described in article:

www.sitefinity.com/.../upgrading-your-sitefinity-6.3-project-to-the-latest-version

Then you need to build your project. If you do not build the project you might encounter the described problem.

To resolve it make sure that you have followed all steps from the upgrade procedure, build your project and reinstall the Module Builder module from Administration -> Modules & Services.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed