SF 7.0 and Additional URL Fields with ASPX Extension

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:16

SF 7.0 and Additional URL Fields with ASPX Extension

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-May-2014 00:00

We are nearing launch of our updated SF 7 site (from 3.7) so I'm currently ensuring that all pages have proper additional URL's defined for redirection. When I input a page with a .aspx extension, I get a 404 - File Not Found error when trying to hit the page instead of it auto-redirecting.

I've confirmed that the redirects are formatted properly, and compared it with the video from this forums post: www.sitefinity.com/.../additional-url-linking-to-page-unavailable

Has anyone else experienced this issue with SF 7?

Greg

Posted by Community Admin on 03-May-2014 00:00

Greg,

I am seeing this issue as well but with Sitefinity 6.3.5000.  Let me know if you find anything out.  Thanks.

Craig

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2014 00:00

Hi Graig,

Greg just informed us in his support ticket that he was able to resolve this issue. It seems that the problem was caused by his environment configurations.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Do you know what configuration changes were made?

Craig -

I actually didn't change any configurations. I was running my project in two ways:

1) Localhost straight from VS

2) Website in IIS with separate host name

What I noticed is that when hitting the site with the host name, it wasn't working immediately after adding the redirects. Localhost did work properly immediately. It seems like there is odd caching or something when hitting the site by hostname that I can't figure out, however this morning everything worked properly. Sorry I can't be much help.

Greg

This thread is closed