Search result url's are being truncated when they contai

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 13:02

Search result url's are being truncated when they contain an apostrophe

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-May-2014 00:00

When using the Sitefinity search widgets I am seeing urls that are broken due to being truncated at the first instance of an apostrophe.

So lets assume I have a company module where the title of one entry is "Stacey's Test Company Name"  The url that got generated was "stacey's-test-company-name".  That url works when used in conjunction with the details mode of the module widget that Sitefinity creates.  (i.e. domain.com/.../stacey's-test-company-name) works just fine.

Now take a search widget and type: "stacey".  You will be directed to whatever search result page you have setup.  On this result page I will see the title as a url "Stacey's Test Company Name".  Hover over that and you see it is going to domain.com/.../stacey.

Now I could go in and change the url of that company, but I have a client where there are a lot of these that were put in this way.  What can be done for this?

Posted by Community Admin on 07-May-2014 00:00

Hello Stacey,

I have tested this on a local project, but I was not able to reproduce and the url was properly generated. Please take a look at the video attached and let me know if I am missing something. Note I have used Sitefinity 7.0 for this test.

Regards,
Pavel Benov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Pavel,

I am using the latest 7.0 internal build.  Try using the "Title's" only template for that search results and let me know what happens.

I switched mine to "Title's, excerpts, urls" and the link was rendered correctly.  I have not modified either widget template so I am guessing something odd is going on with that particular widget template.

Found it.  There needs to be a runat="server" on that anchor tag in the "Title's Only" template.

This thread is closed