Custom modules duplicate data

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 08:10

Custom modules duplicate data

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-May-2014 00:00

Hi All.

I have an issue with sitefinity custom modules.

I have an entry form, on submission of the form i create a module  entry through c#. Works great 100%

Now issue comes when I edit a entry, I update the image or any data it creates a duplicate entry. 1 with the data end then 1 with old data. And i go to the said modules table in sql and then there are to entries each with a unique guid but same information.

Any idea whats causing this and how to prevent it?

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2014 00:00

If I am understanding you correctly what you are talking about it how they store the Master/Live/Temp versions of data.  One of those GUID's is referring to the master version of the object while the other should be the version that is either live (or not) designated by the Status and Visible fields that match up in the sf_dynamic_content table.

Posted by Community Admin on 20-May-2014 00:00

Hi all,

@Barend,

Your scenario is very specific and I am not sure if anyone has the same setup so as to share their experience in a forum. What I can recommend is you open a support ticket where me or one of my team mates can have a deeper look at your case, review your code and if necessary request your project.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed