Type "Telerik.SiteFinity.Web.UI.LayoutControl" can

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:38

Type "Telerik.SiteFinity.Web.UI.LayoutControl" cannot be resolved.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-May-2014 00:00

I was just working with a Bootstrap layout page. I've done all the proper layout control registration, set up the website template correctly, etc. and was working with the page for a few hours and then quite randomly I began getting that beautiful yellow stack trace error.

I reviewed ToolBoxesConfig.config and indeed the control is registered.

I reviewed the layout widget controls folder in the theme folder and indeed the layout template .ascx files are there.

The error itself is pretty generic, as you can see in the attached screenshot.

Anyone have an idea what might be causing this issue that has brought my afternoon to a grinding halt?

Thanks in advance!

Posted by Community Admin on 28-May-2014 00:00

Hello Luke,

This error is general and what basically mean is that Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.LayoutControl is missing, which is strange as it is located in Telerik.Sitefinity.dll.
What you can try is rebuild the project or if this is some external library to check if you are referencing that particular library.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed