Image Uploader Not Working on Production Server

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 12:47

Image Uploader Not Working on Production Server

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Jun-2014 00:00

We are using Sitefinity 6.3 (but this also happens on 7.0)

On our development machines, staging server and any other server for that matter, everything works fine. When we move to our cloud hosted live system, everything EXCEPCT the image/video up loader works.

we can "add an image" i.e. it adds the name, a placeholder, but no data is actually uploaded.

Through firebug, we get a javascript error  in

http://home.legalinx.co.uk/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd line 2259

function _kendoUploadSuccess(e)if(!e.response[0].UploadResult)alert(e.response[0].ErrorMessage);

Of "e.response[0] is undefinedLine 2259"

It looks to me that there is a problem actually uploading data :(

We have spoken to our hosting provider, and to Telerick, we have followed every how to guide available, but still no resolution. If someone else has experienced this, any advice would be massively appreciated. 

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Hywel,

I believe we have helped to resolve this issue in the support ticket you have opened.

The issue was related to the authentication mode which was set to be claims-based under Administration -> Settings -> User Authentication. However in the web.config file it was set to Forms:

<authentication mode="Forms" />

After the authentication mode was changed to be also Forms in the backend, the issue with the images upload was resolved. You may refer to the following article for more details about the authentication model in Sitefinity.

It is also important that when using Forms Authentication, the Anonymous Authentication and Forms Authentication should be enabled and all other authentications should be disabled in IIS. Please refer to the following article for additional information about configuring the IIS to host Sitefinity projects.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed