Issue creating custom membership provider

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:03

Issue creating custom membership provider

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello,

I am trying to implement a custom membership provider in an instance of sitefinity. The sitefinity version is 6.3.5. When filling out the fields and clicking the 'Save Changes' button, it gives me an error message that the following parameter does not have a value: type

When I review the post data I do not see a value in the json being passed for type, but see one for profile type.
I cannot save a new membership provider. How do I get around this issue?

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Jim,

What type you are trying to fill-in when adding your Membership provider? You can manually add the provider to the SecurityConfig.config file, in the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration folder.

You can check also this tutorial for creation of custom membership provider and ensure that the steps are strictly followed.

Regards,
Svetoslav Manchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Jun-2014 00:00

I actually figured this one out. I was putting in the class name, and namespace instead of the class name, assembly name.

Thank you.

This thread is closed