shippingDataInput passed into GetServiceRates method not cor

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:31

shippingDataInput passed into GetServiceRates method not correct

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2014 00:00

So I've been tasked with implementing FedEx Freight shipping options for a Sitefinity ecommerce site.  After much discussion with Telerik support, I learned that freight shipping required a newer version of the FedEx API than the one provided by default with Sitefinity, and that I would have to implement a new shipping provider to make use of it.

The problem that I have been running into with this approach is that the shippingInputData argument being passed into the GetServiceRates method seems to be missing quite a bit of the information about the shipment.

Specifically, the only properties that seem to be populated are ShipToZip, ShipFromZip, and TotalWeight.  Other properties such as ShipToCity, ShipFromCity, etc., are all null.  

Perhaps the default FedEx services provided by Sitefinity only required the zip code, but it appears that FedEx freight will require the other values (based on the error codes I've been getting back from the FedEx API).

Has anyone else encountered this issue with the shippingInputData?  If so, is there a fix, or is this a bug a Sitefinity?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello,

I noticed that my colleague has replied in the ticket. The mentioned properties are not included indeed, however, the carorder is being passed as well and everything needed can be retrieved from that object. 

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed