Sitefinity v. 7.0 Page Editing Infinite Loop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:15

Sitefinity v. 7.0 Page Editing Infinite Loop

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Jun-2014 00:00

I am really terrible at CSS/UI design (I am a C#/.NET developer) so in Sitefinity v. 3.7 SP4 I used to always work backwards from a site that a client liked and then eliminate portions of the page to create my final Master Template in SItefinity.

However, I tried following the same process in Sitefinity v. 7.0 and I ended up in an infinite loop that basically completely hung the system!!  I created my Master Page file directly using Sitefinity Thunder by copying and pasting the entire HTML from another site, created a Page Template in Sitefinity and then attempted to create a Page based on the newly created Page Template.

However, as soon as I attempted to edit the Page, the editor hung forever in an infinite loop.  I could not get out of the screen except by hitting the browser back button at which point the page I created to begin editing completely disappeared.

I have attached a screenshot for your review.

Thanks.

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Samir,

it will be difficult to say what exactly may cause this issue using the provided information. If you can share your master page I will create a template based on it and then try to replicate the issue on my end. In most of the cases this kind of problem is caused by a custom control placed on the template or on a page.

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed