"Forgot your password?" link not working (404 erro

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 17:44

"Forgot your password?" link not working (404 error)

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Jun-2014 00:00

Working with the Login widget on a page, the "Forgot your password?" link at the bottom simply leads to a 404 error.

The PasswordRecoveryUrl of the widget is the default, ~/Sitefinity/Login/PasswordRecovery. In the advanced settings I have enablePasswordReset set to true, and a recoveryMailAddress set.

Is there something more that needs to be configured to get this working?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Kev,

It is really a strange issue. Can you please make sure that you have configured the password recovery as described in the following KB article. You can also take a look at the following article for more details.

Can you please set the PasswordRecoveryUrl to the url of the page where you have dragged the Change password widget. I have also tested the behavior on my side and configured the password recovery in a Sitefinity 7.0 test project and here is a short video for you reference demonstrating my steps. 

If the issue persists after performing the above, please let me know your Sitefinity version and the exact steps you take to configure the password recovery. You can also record a video demonstrating how the issue is reproduced on your side. 

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Jun-2014 00:00

Dear Kev

Do you have forms or claims authentification?

Markus

This thread is closed