Theme install: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:36

Theme install: Value cannot be null. Parameter name: type

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 19-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello,

I am trying to setup a custom theme for the first time. I downloaded a theme from the marketplace and uploaded it to the server. I setup the page layout using the themes .master file. This works without a problem. I next go to the advanced settings and setup my frontend theme. the location of which is:

~/App_Data/Sitefinity/WebsiteTemplates/cloudy/App_Themes/Cloudy/

This doesn't give any errors. When I go to apply the theme to the layout I get the error provided in the attached image.

I have also attached my site structure to the theme. 

Am I doing something wrong or is there an error in the system. It says name cannot be null but I have filled out all provided fields. Where is this name parameter?

Can someone help me out? Please and thank you!

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello Mathew,

You should give the exact path to the Theme as described here. I tested and was able to register successfully a template and a theme. I have used this free theme from the marketplace to test. Screenshot of my folders tree and one of the Appearance settings. The theme is found and successfully applied - reference. Please, ensure everything is set correctly. You can try with the theme I have used, I tested on Sitefinity 7.0 project.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed