Preview Not Working - Error

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 15:23

Preview Not Working - Error

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello, I have created a few custom modules each with a custom widget template.  When we were in our development environment, I was able to preview the content in these custom modules with no problem. Now that we have moved to a production environment, I get an error each time I try to preview. (see attachment). I noticed that when I go into advanced settings on the widget, both the DefaultMaterTemplateKey and the DefaultDetailTemplateKey are set to 00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000000. I suspect the issue might be something to do with this. I tried manually changing this to the GUID that was present in our development environment but this did not work. Do you know what would cause this, and any way I can fix it?

Thanks!

Matt

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Matt,

Could you please elaborate on what changes you have made to the widget templates and whether you have changed only the markup through the Design -> Widget templates? Could you please also check what are the values for both keys for the default widgets, from Settings -> Advanced -> Toolboxes -> Toolboxes -> PageControls -> Sections -> ContentToolboxSection -> Tools -> The Widget -> Toolbox item parameters. See reference here. You can try re-installing the module if the parameters keys are Empty Guids or try add them the same as from the development environment.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Nikola,

Thanks for the reply! I only created the template through Design > Widget Templates.  Below is my template, it's pretty basic.  I checked my default keys as you described and they were all 0's. I have tried entering the values from my development environment but still get an error.  It's a different error but I still get one when I try to preview.  How do I re-install the module? I might try that.

Thanks!
Matt

<%@ Control Language="C#" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.BrowseAndEdit" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Comments" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.Fields" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="sf" Namespace="Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Sitefinity" %>
<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" %>
<telerik:radlistview id="dynamicContentListView" itemplaceholderid="ItemsContainer" runat="server" enableembeddedskins="false" enableembeddedbasestylesheet="false">

<LayoutTemplate>
        <section class="block-a-standard" id="planned-operations">
          <h1 class="heading1">Current & Planned Operations</h1>
          <asp:PlaceHolder ID="ItemsContainer" runat="server" />
        </section>
    </LayoutTemplate>
    <ItemTemplate>
      <h2 class="heading2">Today's Operations</h2>
      <div>
         <sitefinity:TextField runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("TodaysOperation")%>' />
      </div>

<h2 class="heading2">Planned Operations</h1>
      <div>
         <sitefinity:TextField runat="server" DisplayMode="Read" Value='<%# Eval("PlannedOperations")%>' />
      </div>
    </ItemTemplate>
</telerik:radlistview>
<sf:pager id="pager" runat="server"></sf:pager>
<asp:placeholder id="socialOptionsContainer" runat="server"></asp:placeholder>

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Matt,

All modules are located in Administration -> Modules and Services and could be managed from there. You can try uninstalling and installing again your module to see if this would fix the issues. Keep in mind that the module should be uninstalled not deleted.
Furthermore, are at the moment the widgets showing the content on the front-end, without having the keys set?

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2014 00:00

Thanks for the information! I will give it a try uninstalling/re installing. Everything works/displays fine except when I try to preview the content item itself.  So the page displays it fine when viewed but public or when I"m editing the page that the module is included on, it only throws the error when I try to preview it from the module content page.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Matt,

Please, give it a try and let me know the result.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

This thread is closed