Localization #ResourceNotFound# error when submitting a form

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:21

Localization #ResourceNotFound# error when submitting a form.

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2014 00:00

Hello, if anyone could help me with my issue, maybe you've encountered before and fixed it...

I have a site in two languages, and a form that has been translated so is also available in both languages.

When submitting the form, either in English of Chinese (zh-CN), the page throws an error and I do not know where to fix it.

The entry in the /sitefinity/logs/Error.log is:

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 7e83996b-2f96-4865-8f72-b163dd6c2140
An exception of type 'System.NotSupportedException' occurred and was caught.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
06/24/2014 19:03:36
Type : System.NotSupportedException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : #ResourceNotFound#:ErrorMessages:Type does not contain property with that name
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity.Model
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : Void ThrowNotSupported(System.String, System.Object[])
HResult : -2146233067
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Model.Localization.ThrowHelper.ThrowNotSupported(String messageId, Object[] args)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.Web.UI.FormsControl.SaveFormEntry(FormDescription description)
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Forms.Web.UI.FormsControl.ProcessForm(FormDescription form)
   at System.EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

I do not know where to start looking

Posted by Community Admin on 27-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Ernesto,

Can you check the  file ResourcesConfig.config (~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Configuration/) and make sure it contains the defined languages?

Can you also open a Support ticket so we can investigate this problem in detail on your project?

Kind Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 24-Jun-2015 00:00

Our version of Sitefinity doesn't have this file. We're having the same error. Any idea what I need to edit?

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jun-2015 00:00

Hi Edward,

Please note that when you add a new language for the first time in your Sitefinity Project, Sitefinity creates the file ResourcesConfig.config automatically with information about the cultures . Please double check that you have read/write permissions on the folder App_Data.

Best Regards,
Junior Dominguez
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed