Naming conflict

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 09:45

Naming conflict

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi there,

I've found a bug in Sitefinity. Not sure if it only me but anyway:
If you disable the built-in -Events- module and using the module builder you create a new module with the same -Events- name, Sitefinity shows the both modules (the built-in and new created) which are not working anyway.

Best

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jun-2014 00:00

Hi Francesco,

This behavior is not so much a bug, as it is a licence limitation. You are advised to not name any modules build with the module builder with the same name of a Sitefinity build in module - be it Images, Libraries, Blogs, Events, etc. The same goes for placing folders on your site's root with the before mentioned namings.

This will cause our implementation to conflict the two elements and malfunction. This cannot be fixed the way a bug can. Please refrain from such naming in the future. 

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Dear Ivan

Maybe Telerik could implement a view lines to check if the given name is valid or not to prevent such thing from happening.

Markus

Hi all,

@ Markus,

This is a very clever idea actually. I do not know if view lines are the way to go, but I admit that a warning or some validation can prevent such scenarios. Therefore I added this request to our Portal. Feel free to vote for it and follow its development. We will do our best to include it in our future releases. 

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed