Navigation Widget Displaying Unselected Pages

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:26

Navigation Widget Displaying Unselected Pages

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 02-Jul-2014 00:00

For my footer I am using a Horizontal (one-level) navigation widget that was already in Sitefinity 7. As you can see in my screenshot, I have selected the, 'custom selection of pages' and the only two pages that I have selected are 'twitter' and 'linkedin'. If you look at my second and third screenshot the pages that are in the navigation include; home, careers, contact us, blog, login, architects & engineers, privacy statement and facebook. First of all, I never selected any of these and second, neither twitter or linkedin are in here.

If I select 'top level pages' the same group of pages is displayed as I just listed. If I select "all pages under a particular page" it works.If I select all pages or all sibling pages under currently opened page it works. It's only if I go to select my own custom pages that it does not work. 

It only seems to happen with the Horizontal one-level, although the only other one I've used is dropdown and that one works fine.

I should mention that Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, Youtube, Pinterest, and Google + are not pages on my site, but redirecting pages. However, Facebook is the only redirecting page that will show up using this navigation widget. 

First question: Why aren't twitter, youtube, etc. showing up?
Second question: How come random pages show up even if they are not selected?
Third question: How come only Facebook shows up but the others don't even though they're all redirecting pages?

Edit: Was going to provide you with screenshots but my photoshop froze so I lost them. Sorry.

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello Michele,

I am afraid I will need your screenshots in order to provide you with an answer to your questions. Currently there are several bugs that relate to our Navigation widget's functionality when redirect pages are concerned, but I need to see your page hierarchy so I can give you a definite answer.

Please provide a screenshot of your page structure. Additionally, any other resources you can thing of that will help us understand the scenario will be beneficial.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed