The system is restarting... infinite loop

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:37

The system is restarting... infinite loop

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 18-Jul-2014 00:00

This is going to sound pretty vague but I don't have all the information myself, just yet, but I'll do my best to find out if you have any specific diagnosis tips.

I'm working on one of 12 other websites (all hosted in the same repository under the same Sitefinity project).  When I checkout the code from the repo and build, it loads up the "system is restarting..." page.  It refreshes every ~2 seconds (or so), but never restarts.  Restarting the IIS server and recycling the app pool did not seem to have any affect.  I also checked Event Viewer for good measure but nothing there indicated a problem with IIS at all.

How would I go about diagnosing this problem?

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Ryan,

This behavior is usually connected to a configuration problem. In general the first request will throw a configuration exception and all subsequent requests will present the service is restarting loop. The strange thing in your case is that an appPool restart/recycle does not throw the actual error. 

What I can recommend is you do a hard restart by making a dummy save in the web.config. Once done, please load the application's home page in a browser. It should throw the needed exception. Another approach is to try and run the application from Visual Studio's integrated server. It will throw the error on a first request as well. Finally you can view the contents of your Error.log file under your App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder to see if there are any exceptions thrown at the time of an initial request. Once we know what the actual error is we can work towards resolving it.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed