Issue in upgrading sitefinity 5.3.3900 to 7.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 10:57

Issue in upgrading sitefinity 5.3.3900 to 7.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 23-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi,

I am upgrading sitefinity 5.3.3900 to 7.1, I have installed new trial version, imported my project into it and upgraded it.

but now I am getting error

"Could not load file or assembly 'Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.DependencyResolution' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified."

this DLL has version 5.3.39 so i had removed it from Bin folder, kindly help me what are specific steps that I should follow to upgrade from old to latest version.

also if I create new project and import my all logic (user controls that i have created ) to new project then how could I get all data from old sitefinity database to new sitefinity databas (database of version 7) ?

Please help me

Posted by Community Admin on 26-Jul-2014 00:00

Same here from 4.4

I have copied all dlls from a working blank solution on my dev machine - still the same error.

Thanks

Ian

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

Could you please check if the dll is still referenced from your project? The only Analytics dll in Sitefinity 7.1 is Telerik.Sitefinity.Analytics.Server.Infrastructure. Please, verify it is referenced and with the correct version - 7.1.5200.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Jul-2014 00:00

Thanks Nikola

Mine was an unaltered version of Sitefinity 4.4 - no code changes so updated in situ, not compiled.

That assembly is present in the bin folder.

Kind regards

Ian

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2014 00:00

Hello,

Could you please check whether the referenced assembly is the correct version for Sitefinity 7.1? You can also remove the reference and add it again using the dll from an 7.1 empty project.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 30-Jul-2014 00:00

Hi Nikola,

I checked this and eventually realised it related to an obsolete reference in the web.config file that had not been removed by the upgrade process.

I've encountered further issues and have opened a support ticket.

Kind regards

Ian

This thread is closed