Issues Upgrading 7.0 to 7.1

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:13

Issues Upgrading 7.0 to 7.1

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 29-Jul-2014 00:00

I Have faced some problems after upgrading to 7.1 ...found my way out to fix most of them however I am concerned about 2 things 

1. I can see Dynamic modules content type got a new Action for duplication (demo project) however when I upgraded it only appears in new content types but not the old created  ones, any fix ?

2. I am heavily using API in creating MVC based widgets. Now after introducing the recycle Bin,  how to return back on the non deleted items as I found that it returns all 

dynamicModuleManager.GetChildItems(stateItem, citiesType).Where(s=>s.Status== ContentLifecycleStatus.Live)
and tried to use ! deleted but it didn't work.

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi,

The duplicate items for old modules is very strange, would it be possible to open a ticket for this so we can examine the project.

For the second questions, when an item is sent to the recycle bin, the master item is set to deleted and the status is changed, for the live item, visible is set to false. So yo get only the Live items that are not in the recycle bin, the query should be like so:

var items = nman.GetNewsItems().Where(i => i.Status == Telerik.Sitefinity.GenericContent.Model.ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && i.Visible==true);

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Atanas Valchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed