When will Sitefinity 7.1 Support Windows Server 2012?

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:08

When will Sitefinity 7.1 Support Windows Server 2012?

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 01-Aug-2014 00:00

The knowledge base article says "soon"http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/knowledge-base/unable-to-install-sitefinity-7.1-version-using-the-sitefinity-installer

I'm entering my final round of tests for migrating our 3.7sp4 site forward and wanted to switch from 7.0 to 7.1 to pick up some of the features and fixes.

Do you anticipate releasing this in the next week? If I start my final run with 7.0 how easy would it be to switch to 7.1 before going into final test?

Thanks

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Sharon,

Thank you for contacting Telerik Support.

Currently the limitation in the supported Operating System versions is valid only for the Sitefinity Installer - this is the tool which automatically downloads the different Sitefinity components (Sitefinity project manager, Sitefinity Thunder) and installs them on your machine.
In order to install Sitefinity you can actually skip the Installer, and directly download the Sitefinity project manager as outlined in the KB article you have properly linked to.
In the meantime our team is working on fixing the Installer tool compatibility as we speak, with a rough estimate to complete this task in the upcoming weeks.

I hope the above information helps. Please do not hesitate to get back to us if you have any additional questions, or need further information, I'll be glad to help.

Regards,
Boyan Barnev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2014 00:00

Thanks for clarifying.

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2014 00:00

Any updates on the installer for Windows 2012?

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello,

The installation which will be available with the release of Sitefinity 7.2 will include support for Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows 8.1.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed