Error when login in using enter

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 21:10

Error when login in using enter

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 03-Aug-2014 00:00

We're running Sitefinity 7 and I'm getting a weird error I can't seem to pin down.

When a user logs in and hits enter rather than clicking the login button, the login fails to happen and an empty error message is displayed (see attached).

This does not happen if the use clicks the login button, or if the user tries to login a second time.

Using dev tools in chrome I can see a post to /Sitefinity/Authenticate/SWT that gets canceled. (By a page reload?)

I've traced the javascript involved starting at  Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.PublicControls.Scripts.LoginWidget.debug.js and I can't see where a mouse click or key press would make a difference. The keypress function just calls the ButtonClick function.

So, anyone got any ideas?

Posted by Community Admin on 06-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Mitchell,

I tried to reproduce the issue on my side but without any success. Here is a short video demonstrating the steps I took on my side. Can you please let me know if there is something I am missing out?

Do you use the default login widget or you have a custom login widget. It will be also great help if you can record a video demonstrating the exact behavior on your side.

In addition, can you please delete the error logs under the ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs folder, then try to reproduce the issue again and send me the files generated under the above mentioned folder. This might give us additional information about the issue.

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Oct-2016 00:00

Hello Mitchell,

I met the same problem. I use C#, ASP.NET. My situation is there is another submit button on my login page, so when I press the enter key, it triggers that button not the login button. So my solution is to disable the other submit button from triggering by pressing the enter key (add UseSubmitBehavior="false" to the button element). And it works really well.

Hope this can help.

Thank you.

Fan

This thread is closed