Error when saving thumbnail settings

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 07:41

Error when saving thumbnail settings

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi,

When I try to create or edit thumbnail settings from the backend settings section, I'm getting the following error:

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 8/4/2014 7:37:23 AM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 34c6444d-8fc0-4bfd-b888-8d2b74989388
An exception of type 'System.NullReferenceException' occurred and was caught.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
08/04/2014 09:37:23
Type : System.NullReferenceException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link :
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.String SaveMethodParameters()
HResult : -2147467261
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.Thumbnails.ThumbnailProfileDialog.SaveMethodParameters()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.Thumbnails.ThumbnailProfileDialog.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument)
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Additional Info:

MachineName : KNSTR-DEV
TimeStamp : 8/4/2014 7:37:23 AM
FullName : Telerik.Sitefinity.Utilities, Version=7.1.5200.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b28c218413bdf563
AppDomainName : /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/egz-1-13337833
ThreadIdentity : admin
WindowsIdentity : IIS APPPOOL\.NET v4.5

Category: ErrorLog

Priority: 0

EventId: 90000

Severity: Error

Title:Enterprise Library Exception Handling

Machine: KNSTR-DEV

App Domain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/egz-1-13337833

ProcessId: 5276

Process Name: c:\windows\system32\inetsrv\w3wp.exe

Thread Name:

Win32 ThreadId:5916

Extended Properties:
----------------------------------------

This happens with a new generated Sitefinity 7.1 website.

Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Would it be possible to share a bit more details how this problem can be reproduced? I have tried multiple times to replicate this issue on a blank 7.1 project, but without any success. 

Regards,
Kaloyan
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Kaloyan,

Can't say anything specific about this problem. It is just how it is. I uploaded images into a library. After that I went to Settings -> Thumbnail Settings and tried to edit / add new settings. It gives the error with both adding and editing settings.

Best,
Daniel

Posted by Community Admin on 13-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Daniel,

Could you please open a support ticket regarding this issue and send us the error logs? This way we could proceed faster in resolving the problem and provide a solution. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 18-May-2015 00:00

Was a solution ever found for this? We're having a similar issue on 8.0. The only difference is that the null reference is happening on Telerik.Sitefinity.Modules.Libraries.Web.UI.Thumbnails.ThumbnailProfileDialog.ValidateFields() instead of SaveMethodParameters().

Posted by Community Admin on 21-May-2015 00:00

Hello Chris,

I would recommend you to submit a support ticket describing the issue and providing the error logs located in App_Data -> Sitefinity -> Logs. We were not able to reproduce the issue or continue the communication with Daniel on the problem, since he did not get back to us.

Regards,
Nikola Zagorchev
Telerik

This thread is closed