possible bug on recycle bin

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:13

possible bug on recycle bin

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi,
I am not sure if this is a normal behavior or not.

Basically I am retrieving a list of top level pages via code using something like:

var topLevelPages = manager
                                        .GetPageNodes()
                                        .Where(p => p.Parent.Title == "Pages")
                                        .OrderBy(o => o.Ordinal);

The problem in not in the code but on the recycle bin.
I had a list of pages on the CMS market "show in the menu". The snippet above (with an if statement) is picking everything fine. 

I deleted a top level page (was a group page) and I could still see the page listed. (The code was still picking the page even though I delete it).

In order to completely remove the page from being displayed I had to remove it from the bin.

I suppose the code should not picks up things from the bin?

Hope this makes sense

Thanks

Francesco

Posted by Community Admin on 05-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Francesco,

Since the release of "Recycle bin" feature, if you wish to filter out pages located in your bin, you have to add
pN.Page.Visible == true as a parameter:

var pageNodes = App.WorkWith()
    .Pages()
    .LocatedIn(Telerik.Sitefinity.Fluent.Pages.PageLocation.Frontend)
    .Where(pN => (pN.Page != null && pN.Page.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live && pN.Page.Visible == true))
    .Get()
    .ToList();

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Mar-2015 00:00

Can you please explain the difference between

pN.Page.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live
 and

pN.Page.Visible == true

My understanding is that if something is "ContentLifecycleStatus.Live" then it can't be in the Recycle Bin. Am I incorrect in my understanding of the Recycle Bin?

I've experienced similar issues when querying images, previous widgets I've created used:

HomepageSliderRepeater.DataSource = album.Images().Where(i => ContentLifecycleStatus.Live).OrderBy(i => i.Ordinal);

Which then had to be changed to:

HomepageSliderRepeater.DataSource = album.Images().Where(i => i.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live).OrderBy(i => i.Ordinal);

Is this adjustment required for all widgets which query content types that can be placed in the Recycle Bin?

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Mar-2015 00:00

Hi Jeff,

If you would like to get the live versions of the pages or content items which are visible on the frontend (excluding the pages or content items from the recycle bin) you should also check the IsDeleted property of the pages or items:

PageManager pageManager = PageManager.GetManager();
IQueryable<PageData> pages = pageManager.GetPageDataList().Where(pData => pData.IsDeleted == false && pData.Status == ContentLifecycleStatus.Live);

Regards,
Sabrie Nedzhip
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed