Login widget forgot password functionality not working in 6.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 00:18

Login widget forgot password functionality not working in 6.1.4600.0

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2014 00:00

When using the forgot password functionality in the login widget and clicking "forgot password", the page refreshes and you are prompted with "Forgot Password?" and instructed to enter your email to reset your password.

After doing that and clicking submit, you are returned to the same page prompted with "Forgot Password?" and to enter your email to reset. 

Using a script inspector an error is shown:

Uncaught Sys.InvalidOperationException: Sys.InvalidOperationException: Component 'cphMain_C001_ctl00_ctl00_Password' was not found.

Is there a way to fix this so that the component works properly?

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Peter,

I just tested the behavior you have described and did not manage to reproduce the behavior. Can you please confirm that you have tested this on an empty page (no template and no other controls)? Also can you confirm your version is 7.1? Additionally any exact steps as to how I can reproduce this, other than the ones already described will be beneficial.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 25-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Ivan,

I have tried it with an empty page with no template and no other controls as well, same results - with the exception that it doesn't throw the javascript error; it just returns to the same page as described.

The version isn't 7.1, it's version 6.1.4600.0.

The steps I've used are as follows:

- Add new page
- Add login widget
- Configured widget as follows:
ChangePasswordPageUrl: ~/Change-Password
RegisterUserPageUrl: ~/Create-Account
ShowLostPasswordLink: True
ShowRegisterUserLink: True

Default settings of widget that might be of help? (actual domain name excluded):
Enabled: True
EnableViewState: True
MembershipProvider: Default
ServiceUrl: http://<domain.com>/Sitefinity/Authenticate/SWT

Site is using claims based authentication.

Thanks,

Peter

Posted by Community Admin on 28-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Peter,

The disappearance of the JavaScript error eliminates the probability of any issues with the widget, so the problem you are facing can be traced back to the configurations of your solution. Can you please confirm that you have configured your Password Recovery settings as per our Documentation.

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed