Additional URL's redirects not retaining query string in

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 04:49

Additional URL's redirects not retaining query string information

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Aug-2014 00:00

Hi Guys,

I've posted this as a support request as well, but waiting 48 hours or more for an answer isn't really an option, so I'm hoping I can get a quicker response or direction posting here. 

This is our configuration:
Sitefinity Standard 7.0
Windows Server 2012
SQL Server 2012 

We are having an issue when a page is hit using one of our additional URL's and has a query string, after the redirect the query string is dropped. You can see this is action here:

http://www.xtend-life.com/product/Omega_3_DHA_Fish_Oil.aspx?qs=testing

Before we put the site live I had done some looking around to make sure this functionality was out of the box and according to what I was reading it was (i.e http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/bugs-issues-/page-redirects-does-not-keep-the-query-string-part-of-the-url).

We have migrated from Sitefinity 3.7 and require all of our additional URL's to support and pass to the redirected pages any query strings as this is how we track our partners. The tracking code is executed in the Session_Start event in our Global.asax.

I imagine there is probably not going to be a simple answer to this as it is just supposed to work, however I have a funny feeling it is because our additional URL's contain the .aspx extension.

So my questions are:
Is this a setting that I have missed somewhere that is preventing this from working?
Where in the lifecycle does Sitefinity perform the additional url's redirects?
What handler/module/class executes the additional url redirects?
Are we able to inherit and overide this functionality?
Are we able to process the URL's before the redirect happens?
Can we hook into a Global.asax event before the redirect occurs, so we can get the query string?

This is pretty urgent and it is critical we can get a resolution.

I look forward to hearing from you and any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Jodie

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello Jodie,

I have updated your support ticket. Here is the information for the community to view:"The behavior you are experiencing is a bug in Sitefinity version 7.0 5100. This bug is fixed in internal build 7.0 5114. Attached is a swf video of the default behavior on my machine. In order to get rid of this behavior, please upgrade to the 7.0 5114 internal build."

Regards,
Ivan D. Dimitrov
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed