SiteSync connecting issues

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:25

SiteSync connecting issues

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 17-Aug-2014 00:00

I am new to a company using Sitefinity  and we are in the process of formalizing a deployment process currently production is where content changes have been done. I am attempting to sync our production site  to the test server, sitesync can not connect. The production site uses Ldap as the default authentication. I believe the site on the test server was originally a clone of the production site.

Is there any special configuration needed to use Ldap users in sitesync?

I understand the previous way of backing up the db and restoring on a new location may be causing issues as well. 

Any other syncing tips are welcome. 

Thank you in advance for any insight.

Scott

Posted by Community Admin on 20-Aug-2014 00:00

Hello,

You need to review all prerequisites and restrictions described in our documentation:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/prerequisites-and-restrictions

Furthermore, in order to configure the servers for synchronization you need to follow the steps described in the article:

www.sitefinity.com/.../configuring-the-servers-for-synchronization

Please double check these configurations:

1. If you think of your site stages (development, staging, production, etc.) as a network of connected servers, each of them must have a unique key in that network. The site key participates in the incremental GUID generation algorithm ensuring that any GUID generated with one site key is different from any GUID generated with any other key. Thus, items created on your development server have IDs that are guaranteed to be different from the IDs of the items created in parallel on your staging server, which guarantees that no ID clashes during synchronization. If you synchronize from Staging to Production (A to B) please note that the key set in A should be smaller than the number set on B. You need to set these keys manually before the synchronization.
2. Make sure that you are not logged in the second site during synchronization (or during testing the connection)
3. The synchronization is one way, you could synch from Development to Staging, but once you have synchronized from Development to Staging, you should not synch from Staging to Development
4. All projects should be deployed on IIS.
For configuring the IIS to host Sitefinity projects refer to:

http://www.sitefinity.com/documentation/documentationarticles/installation-and-administration-guide/install-sitefinity/configuring-the-iis-to-host-sitefinity-projects

Moreover check your authentication mode in IIS. Anonymous authentication should be enabled and all other authentications should be disabled. Please review the screenshot.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed