Sitefinity Backend Message

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 16:00

Sitefinity Backend Message

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 09-Sep-2014 00:00

My problem is, i dont have any user with profile access to backend and Sitefinity show me this:

I dont get it, Testing User is not in my backend, but sitefinity say this.What can i do to solve this?

Help me please.

I been tried deleting the user and creating it again, doesn't work :/

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Kaze,

The easiest solution is to create an admin user trough code. You can use the following code snippet:

var userManager = UserManager.GetManager("Default");
System.Web.Security.MembershipCreateStatus status;
userManager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
var user = userManager.CreateUser("admin", "password", "admin@admin.com", "Question", "Answer", true, null, out status);
user.FirstName = "FirstName";
user.LastName = "LastName";
userManager.SaveChanges();

RoleManager roleManager = RoleManager.GetManager("AppRoles");
roleManager.Provider.SuppressSecurityChecks = true;
var role = roleManager.GetRole("Administrators");
roleManager.AddUserToRole(user, role);
roleManager.SaveChanges();

Try to log in using the newly created user. If the message for maximum concurrent users appears, you can click "Force someone to logout" and logut all users you need.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2014 00:00

Thanks for the reply, Vassil.

I did it, but my problem is still there. 

This user "TestingUser" don't have permission to visit the backend, he can't access but, when i tried to get in the backend appears that message.

I don't get it.

Thanks for the help.

Posted by Community Admin on 15-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Kaze,

To which role this TestUser belongs? If he is assigned as Administrator, then the checkbox for "This user can access site backend" is neglected as all admin users have full access to both frontend and backend.

Additionally, can you share with us which Sitefinity version you are using?

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

This thread is closed