Unable to sync forms

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 19:03

Unable to sync forms

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 10-Sep-2014 00:00

I'm developing a new site on sitefinity 6.3, and have noticed that I'm unable to sync any forms that I have built. When I navigated to the sync page, it is simply not listed as an option.

Is there something additional I need to configure? I'm a sitefinity rookie and any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi,

Since the release of Sitefinity 6.3 you have the ability to synchronize Form definitions. Please refer to the following forum thread:

http://www.sitefinity.com/developer-network/forums/general-discussions-/sitefinity-6-3-released

However I want to note that the Synchronization module does not synchronize form responses. I have discuss this feature with the team responsible for the Site Sync module and they informed me that it is in our features list for the upcoming releases. There is a feature request logged in our Feedback portal for the ability of synchronization of form responses:

feedback.telerik.com/.../135025-synchronize-form-responses

More information for the upgrade procedure could be found in this article.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2014 00:00

Hi Stefani,

Thanks for your reply. So does this mean that we are not able to sync forms at all unless we update to 6.3? That would essentially mean that we have no ability to make changes to a form on the public facing site, and I will need to keep the backend available... 

Lee

Posted by Community Admin on 12-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Lee,

You are not able to sync forms in versions smaller than Sitefinity 6.3. In order to be able to take advantage of this functionality which was introduced in Sitefinity 6.3 you need to upgrade your Sitefinity 6.1 project to this version or to Sitefinity 7.x.

Regards,
Stefani Tacheva
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 07-Jun-2016 00:00

If we are creating a multilingual site, is there a way to make sure the forms are not synced? We want the forms for different languages to be sent to different e-mails if possible. We worked through a vendor, and when I became involved with this project, they were already synced. I wasn't shown where to go to change this fact, or if it was even something that could be done. 

Thank you.

This thread is closed