500 Error in Page Title and Properties

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Aug-2018 22:00

500 Error in Page Title and Properties

All Replies

Posted by Community Admin on 11-Sep-2014 00:00

Seeing 500 errors in Chrome Dev Tools on "Title and Properties" page for my pages. Noticed after upgrade to 7.1. See screenshot.

EDIT: sorry for the double post, was redirected to error page when I tried posting both times, then I realized it had posted but the attachment was missing both times. I'm trying the attachment again...

Posted by Community Admin on 16-Sep-2014 00:00

Hello Ethan,

It looks like there is some issue with the page templates - can you verify if you have copied all files after the upgrade? Please also check if the permissions over ~/App_Data are configured as in our online documentation: Configuring and starting a project.

You can also stop temporary your project, move all content in ~/App_Data/Sitefinity/Logs to a temp folder, then start the site and reproduce the project. There should be a new Error.log file generated, which you can share with us to see what exactly cannot be found on your environment.

Regards,
Vassil Vassilev
Telerik

Do you want to have your say in the Sitefinity development roadmap? Do you want to know when a feature you requested is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Sitefinity CMS Ideas&Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi,

In my case it is an upgrade from 8.1.5820.0 to 8.2.5900.0.

Here is the error caught :

----------------------------------------
Timestamp: 12/4/2015 1:20:44 PM

Message: HandlingInstanceID: 84edbe9e-6956-4c6b-b132-4cb2ca1a5986
An exception of type 'System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException' occurred and was caught.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
12/04/2015 13:20:43
Type : System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Message : Specified argument was out of the range of valid values.
Parameter name: The view specified in the url cannot be found in the Views collection of the current control.
Source : Telerik.Sitefinity
Help link :
ActualValue :
ParamName : The view specified in the url cannot be found in the Views collection of the current control.
Data : System.Collections.ListDictionaryInternal
TargetSite : System.String DetermineCurrentViewName()
HResult : -2146233086
Stack Trace :    at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.DetermineCurrentViewName()
   at Telerik.Sitefinity.Web.UI.ContentUI.ContentView.CreateChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.EnsureChildControls()
   at System.Web.UI.Control.PreRenderRecursiveInternal()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

Any idea why this error pops up ?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Posted by Community Admin on 04-Dec-2015 00:00

Hi,

I found out I was missing some config files in the Configuration folder. 

I can't tell if they disappeared during migration from 8.1 to 8.2 or if it happens when copying the solution from the main branch.

Regards,

This thread is closed